Elections for local offices and the presidential preference primary will be held on April 7, 2020.
There are three alderperson seats on the Common Council for the City of Milton up for election in 2020. The incumbents are Ald. Lynda Clark, Ald. Jerry Elsen, and Ald. Ryan Holbrook.
If you are interested in running for a City office and have questions regarding the process, please contact City Clerk Leanne Schroeder at (608) 868-6900 ext. 2 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If candidates or the public have any questions about campaigning related to ethics, finance, etc., they should contact the Wisconsin Ethics Commission at (608) 266-8123. The Wisconsin Ethics Commission’s website can be found at www.ethics.wi.gov.
Important Dates to Remember:
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - Local Candidate Nomination Papers and Information Packet available for pick-up at City Hall.
- Sunday, December 1, 2019 - First day for candidates to circulate nomination papers for 2020 Spring Election.
- Friday, December 27, 2019 – Last day (5 p.m.) for incumbents not seeking re-election to file Declaration of Non-Candidacy with the City Clerk.
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020 - Last day (5 p.m.) for candidates to file nomination papers with the City Clerk.
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 – Spring Primary
- Tuesday, April 7, 2020 – Spring Election